High quality sports testingVO2 to lactate threshold testing and Metabolic Rate screening.
Metabolic testing not exclusive to sporting athletes.
Here at High Performance Analysis Ltd, there are many forms of testing to help identify your current fitness/performance levels, these include;
VO2 Max Testing
- Measures the amount of oxygen your body uses at different exertion levels.
- Individuals with a higher VO2 value can sustain higher intensities during exercise for longer periods of time.
- Higher VO2 value = higher recovery rate from aerobic exercise.
Result analysis produces individual reports providing your specific heart rate zones to help you understand how to incorporate your results into your training routine to improve physical fitness, endurance and fat burning.
Blood Lactate Testing
- Lactate threshold profiling can be used to predict your aerobic performance.
- Whilst exercising your body produces a performance limiting substance called lactate.
This test determines the intensity at which the body begins to produce lactate at a greater rate than it can be removed. Tailored reports show you where you should be training for endurance and sprint training, this then allows for a more effective training programme.
- Metabolism is highly personal and therefore needs personal tailoring to achieve the correct results desired, whether thats weight loss or weight gain.
- People with FAST metabolic rates burn more calories than normal whereas those with SLOW metabolic rates burn fewer calories than normal.
There is one basic rule to weight loss; you need to burn more calories than you are eating. This test provides you with how slow or fast your metabolic rate is and precisely how many calories your body actually burns, and calculates how many calories you should eat to lose or maintain weight.
Many people make the mistake of overestimating how many calories they burn during exercise, this leads to extra calories being consumed.
Having completed my Sports Science degree in 2015 I wanted to be able to provide Sports Science Testing in the Isle of Man. Previously these tests were typically only available in the UK or further afield. Sports testing can aid performance massively and having such a huge variety of sports on the Island meant the need for this testing provided me with the platform to start helping athletes of all abilities understand the tools they needed to be the top of their game.